“Online Trainee Assessment System Incorporating the SAICA 2010 Training Model.”
The effective assessment of trainee accountants is a business imperative not only for the training office or firm, but a career development necessity for any prospective CA(SA).
With the introduction of the SAICA 2010 training model, the trainee assessment process for all trainees registering from January 2010 will need to be amended to accommodate the requirements of the 2010 training model.
With this significant change in mind, SAICA called for proposals to develop an electronic assessment tool which accommodates the 2010 training requirements.
We selected the LTS platform as the preferred supplier of the SAICA electronic assessment system.
The features and benefits of the system include:
- An internet system: This facilitates ease of access.
- Offline enablement: Reviews can be conducted offline and updated later.
- User profiles: Separate profiles are created for different participants in the process.
- Security: All access is kept confidential through password protection.
- Independence: Learners and reviewers can independently complete performance reviews before comparing results and reaching conclusions.
- Processes work flow efficiently: The system automatically notifies participants of significant events that need to be tracked and recorded.
- Cohesive documentation: All documents are cohesively integrated.
- Clarity of process and fairness: Learners have the ability to disagree with assessors.
- Time stations and audit ability: All transactions are date, time and user indicated to ensure integrity of the system.
- Ease of navigation: The simple navigation format facilitates ease of access to navigation.
- Powerful reporting functionality: As all information is stored in one location, all information is accessible to produce and manage reports and to monitor the status of PR's including the SAICA moderation report.
- Full history: A comprehensive database of all transactions related to all trainees is retained.
The SAICA 2010 trainee assessment tool facilitates the effective management of the trainee assessment process on an electronic platform which automatically updates all future training requirements.
To find out more about the SAICA 2010 trainee assessment system, go to www.saica.co.za.
The SAICA 2010 trainee assessment system is an efficient and effective solution to administering trainee assessments which provides value for money and saves training officers significant time and resource requirements so they can effectively manage the process and meet all SAICA requirements.