For more information contact the Accountancy SA Editor, Gerinda Engelbrecht on (011) 621 6727 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will:
- Be a member of SAICA [(CA(SA)]
- Have willpower and vision to succeed
- Epitomize what it means to be a leader
- Have perseverance to pursue your dreams / vision
- Have passion to make a difference
- Be a risk-taker and paradigm changer
- Transform business and change views
- Stand out amongst peers
- Have confidence and an inner drive to make an impact in business
- Lead where others follow
Conditions of Entry
- The Top 35-under-35 awards are open to all Chartered Accountants (SA) who are under the age of 35 as at 31 December 2017.
- You have to be a registered member of SAICA with no past of pending judgements against you.
- All entries must be accompanied by colour photographs
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will be treated in confidence and will not be circulated outside of judges, sponsors and selected employees of SAICA.
- Accountancy SA reserves the right to publish entrants’ photos and biographical details.
- The finalists will need to be available for a photo shoot and interviews in Johannesburg on 2 – 3 August 2017. Finalists are responsible for their own traveling and accommodation costs.
- The winner will be announced at a formal event on 21 September 2017. Finalists are responsible for their own traveling costs and accommodation costs.
- No prizes are exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- Submission of an entry form indicates acceptance of the Conditions of Entry. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I nominate / enter myselfYes you can! If you’re under 35 and believe in yourself, feel free to nominate yourself.
Can I nominate more than one personYes. If you feel there is more than one individual that you know truly deserve this, you can submit the nomination. There is no limit to the number of submissions.
Is there a fee for entering / nominatingNo, there is no cost associated to participate in this initiative
How do I know that the nomination / entry went throughYou will receive a confirmation email that it was received.
Will I be notified if the person I nominated is selected?No – only the 35 finalists will be contacted.
What are the evaluation criteria for selecting a “35 under 35” winner and how does the selection process work?
Nominations will be judged by the editor of Accountancy SA, sponsors representatives Senior Executives, selected high profile CA(SA) and business leaders. Some of the qualities and characteristic that will be evaluated include:
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Inventiveness and innovation
- Demonstrable recent career highlights
- CSI projects
- Hobbies / after work activities
What supporting documents needs to be submitted:
A portfolio of evidence including:
- A personal statement,
- A full CV
- A profile
The more supporting documents are submitted, the easier it will be to judge objectively.
Also write a personal statement that touches on the topics listed above.
If you’ve ever been interviewed for a publication, radio station or TV program – it would be advisable to include information about that.
When will the feature be published?The national top 35 profiles will be in the July, August and September issues and the winner profiled on the front cover of the October issue of the ASA Magazine.
When are materials due?All entries and documentation must be received by 30 May 2017.