Chartered Accountants (SA) have a unique skillset. These range from in – depth technical competencies to a wide range of pervasive competencies too. A CA (SA) has both the ability and responsibility to use these unique attributes and acumens including decision making, digital and professional value acumens to achieve the best possible outcome.
The best outcome need not only be the most technically correct or popular, but also one that embraces society, social responsibility, ethical responsibility and future relevance to ensure the highest levels of all round value creation and sustainability.
This places the CA (SA) as the difference maker that promotes the highest levels of all round professional excellence.
Join SAICA, and our esteemed panel of experts as we navigate an in-depth business case to demonstrate and train on how to apply an integrated mind-set to solve these technical, business and societal challenges and explore all possible avenues and outcomes.
This is a not to be missed opportunity to further refine your own skills in order to provide more value to your clients and stakeholders.
09:00 – Introduction
09:15 – 10:20 – Analysis of Business Case Part 1
10:20 – 10:30 – Reflection and summation of key themes
09:00 – Recap of Day 1 and setting the scene for day 2
09:10 – 10:20 – Analysis of Business Case Part 2
10:20 – 10:30 – Reflection and Conclusion
Who should attend?
- Business Decision Makers
- Executive and Non-Executive Directors
- Trainee Accountants
- In-depth technical review of core disciplines and competencies.
- Learn how to analyse and problem solve from industry experts.
- Gain a better understanding of the Pathways to relevance and create value.
- Gain insight as to what factors and considerations to apply to achieve the best possible outcome.
Topic within the business case include:
- IFRS 16 leases and rent concessions.
- ISQC 1, ISQM 1 and general audit considerations.
- Ethical Dilemma.
- The treatment of assessed losses for tax purposes.
- COVID – 19 Considerations on business.
- Digital Acumens
- Responsible Citizenship