On this day 40 years ago, the provincial councils of the erstwhile Transvaal, the Cape, Natal and Free State, in a joint meeting, dissolved the National Council (formerly the Joint Council of the Chartered Societies) and the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) was established.
Today, 12 February 2020, therefore marks 40 years of trust leadership. In celebration of this milestone, SAICA will be running a programme throughout the year to commemorate its 40th birthday in the Accountancy SA magazine and on its social media platforms.
Look out for the following themes that will be covered over the course of the year:
- March: A focus on the history of the profession, celebrating 40 years of trust leadership;
- April: A profile of our youngest member who ever qualified and our oldest member to qualify;
- May: An article featuring the previous four CEOs of SAICA
- June: A feature on some of SAICA’s outstanding members
- July: Profiles on 40 inspiring Thuthuka students
- August: Profiles of leading female Chartered Accountants
- September: A focus on Chartered Accountants with out-of-the-box careers
- October: A focus on Chartered Accountants who changed the profession and highlights from the past 40 years
- November: A feature on SAICA’s young members
- December: What will the future of the profession look like?
While we recognise the achievements of the past, we look forward to a further 40 years of developing responsible leaders for a sustainable economy.