Ever hear the phrase “Trying to solve for one problem, creates another”
Working from home to reduce COVID 19 infection rate has created another – AN ENDLESS WORKING DAY!
With the unwinding of Lockdown, most people will still be advised to work from home.
Having to sit for more than 8 hours a day in meetings is wrong for so many reasons:
- Most likely you do not have nice office ergonomic chairs to sit on – lower back problems could result.
- You need a break to rest, use the bathroom, eat, hydrate yourself.
- Think of the effect on your eyes of being in front of a screen / mobile device for more than 8 hours.
- Then there is the long-term impact of electromagnetic effect and radiation from use of cell phones / mobile devices / laptops and other electronic gadgets
- The constant “PING” “PING” “PING” of alerts from emails, cell phone messages, Whatsapp text, meeting reminders…your brain needs a rest from this noise
SUMMARY: THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE!
You might be working from home to protect your health from ONE CONCERN and creating a host of other issues whilst doing so.
- Post-Lockdown consider:
- Having shorter meetings.
- Blocking off your diary for scheduled breaks.
- Have at least 30 minutes between electronic online meetings to give your mind a rest and to reflect on the previous conversation before going into the next.
- [You insert your own points]
All the best to you and your scheduling post-lockdown. Please look after your health in MORE WAYS than AVOIDING A VIRUS.
Author: Dineshrie Pillay