When you enter the gates at Zimbali on your way to the Fairmont Zimbali Resort it feels like everything slows down and you enter a world a lifetime away from the bustling beaches the the KwaZulu-Nalat North Coast is famous for.
The Fairmond Zimbali Resort is a destination in itself, where guests return again and again to experience the unmatchable African hospitality and charm in a ‘out-of-this-world’ setting while making cherished moments shared with family and friends.
The service is thoughtful and engaging and your stay is a geniune experience with one-of-a-kind offerings, luxurious emenities – from the opulent rooms and suites, to the magnificent views and lush green gardens of the nature reserve.
Part of the tranquility is probably because it’s situated in the élite Zimbali Coastal Estate. And here you can literaly do anything your heart desire – take long walks on the private beach with only the waves and sand to keep you company. There’s not swimming allowed on the beach, so it’s visually spectacular with unspoiled sand and an ocean view that lasts forever. You can also spend hours lounging next to one of the 5 pools; delight your senses at one of the amazing restaurants; relax in the blissful Willow Stream Spa or work out some of those delightful treats at the fitness centre. You can also rent a bicycle from hotel and enjoy riding in the beautiful surrounds – or enjoy the spendour of the sub-tropical forest with a brisk walk or leisurely stroll – you may even encounter a shy antelope along the way.
As a protected environment, the Estate is home to a wide variety of birdlife and magnificent butterflies. You can visit South Africa’s first and only Aerial Boardwalk – within the enchanting Dlinza Forest. Or even experience the unique forest and its rich bird life from a completely different angle as your trained guide points out some of the 65 species that inhabit this area.
Restaurants and bars
- There is no shortage of places where you can delight your taste buts with a variety of flavours.
- At OSA restaurant you will be whisked away to India where the food is prepared from recipes handed down by generations of Indian Chefs. They ensure that each dish uses a unique blend of spices and herbs and is accompanied by traditional homemade condiments.
- Coral Tree is where the daily breakfast buffet is served on the extensive covered terrace with breathtaking views of the ocean. And during the evenings you can enjoy elegant dining in the relaxed setting that is perfects for families or larger groups.
- While you relax next to the pool during the day, you can enjoy Bite Pool Bar and Grill’s delicious food. You have to try the BLT and amazing cocktails. What can be better than to sit in a tranquil environment with your feet in the water while you sip leisurely on an exotic cocktail?
- And if you feel in the mood for some Mexican flavours, you can walk over to Ayoba! Restaurant. It’s a fiesta where Central American flair meets Africa’s legendary hospitality. They also serve some great cocktails at the MaKhaza beach bar – so you can enjoy a drink at the bar, enjoy the wonderful Mexican food while the cool ocean breeze sweeps over you.
- At 31 Degrees cocktail lounge, the perfect cocktail is inspired by both bar and kitchen and devoted to fresh local ingredients. Their signature cocktails are measured with precision, shaken with style and garnished with passion and craft.
- A light and innovative bar menu is available for informal dining, or choose to indulge in fresh sushi from the Sushi Bar.
With so many things to do and enjoy at the resort you might not spend a lot of time in your room, but when you’r there you’ll enjoy amazing views over the Indian Ocean from the oversized verandas. Cosmopolitian flair and traditional Zulu accents permeate the 154 guest rooms and suites, with a Penthouse and Presidential Suite, and 18 Fairmont Heritage Place villas.
Just remember to close those doors when you leave the room, otherwise you might get some monkeys visiting your room when you’re not there.
Your time at the resort will be filled with thoughtful care, attention to detail and heartfelt, personal touches guaranteed to make a lasting impression on everyone.
For more information or bookings visit: https://www.fairmont.com/zimbali-resort/