Are you ready for 2020? A year like never before, where each new day holds the promise of evolution. The way we do business, communicate, learn and serve is evolving and transforming every day. Should you be evolving and transforming too?
Chasing career success in 2020 demands an increasing awareness and commitment to personal evolution that mirrors the transformation within the organisations that employ us. If career success is important to you, then the strategies that follow will help you create the solid foundation necessary for your growth.
- Strong desire – Desire is the fuel of action. How strongly do you desire career success? What does it mean to you? What will it bring into your life? How will your life change if you achieve this success? How will you be able to impact the lives of those you care for? Desire gets us started; the benefits we could realise keep us moving.
- Strategise – Great strategy comes from absolute clarity. It also comes from an understanding of where you are going, factors influencing your journey, detailed planning, measuring progress, monitoring results and celebrating your wins along the way. Become as strategic about your career as great organisations are about their success. You are the navigator of your life, set a course for success.
- Specialise and niche – Specialisation is a way to stand out. Once you’ve developed and fine-tuned your specialist skills, take it up a notch by niching your specialism to solve a specific problem of your employer, to fill a gap in the market or to enhance delivery and outcomes.
- Strengths – You win games with your strengths, not your weaknesses. Know, refine, work within, highlight and consistently demonstrate your strengths while developing your areas of improvement.
- Skills and talents – Your natural skills and talents are a window to happiness. Create the space to bring them into your daily life in work and play.
- Self-improvement – Developing your skills, expertise, awareness of the world around you, mindset, creativity and abilities is a non-negotiable. There is an abundance and ease of access to content; make learning your daily priority.
- Speed – The world is moving at pace and if you are not at least keeping up, you are falling behind. Positioning yourself for success demands that you strap on your running shoes and keep moving toward your goals. Motion is necessary for any change to happen, hold yourself accountable for moving and move quickly toward the success you are chasing.
This year 2020 carries endless opportunities and you have the power to bring them into your life.
You must be logged in to post a comment.